Arthroadventure

This blog is about our journey with Arthrogryposis(AMC). It is not just a walk in the park. Flying all over the country for medical treatments for our two kids. Therapies and surgeries. Not always fun but always necessary.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

wheelchair blues

Sophie's little chair is so cute. and she loves it. but, I am so disappointed in customer service. no twinkerbell. I clearly said I will pay extra for it. they said insurance wouldnt cover it. I said I dont care. she wants twinkerbelle I will pay. and yet we get there and its plain black nylon. someone wrote that we "changed mind" and didnt want it. so now we have to wait for twinkerbelle. rather wait for a quote on twinkerbelle. Maybe I will just make a cover myself then it will be washable and she can have dozens of them. We wanted bus tie downs on the chair. she is 5. clearly she is going to go to school at some point in the 5 years this chair is supposed to last. the chair doesnt have any. we were initially going to get a stroller and said definitely tie downs because definitely she WILL go to school. yet SAME GUY didnt think to ask if we wanted them or order them initially for this chair when we changed chairs. now I need a scrip for them to be added. I need a scrip for her to go to school safely? wtf?? there goes the rest of the school year here(thankfully only two weeks) but I dont know how she will be able to go next year somewhere else without them. so they have to order them. I have to get a scrip and then I have to drive 1.5 hours BACK to their place to have them installed while waiting around an hour. she is FIVE! of course she is going to go to school! you have SEEN HER! she isnt gonna walk there! no school bus tie downs? HELLOOOOOO? seriously they should be mandatory on all kids chairs. this is nuts.

.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this is really annoying. I'm annoyed just reading it. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete