Arthroadventure

This blog is about our journey with Arthrogryposis(AMC). It is not just a walk in the park. Flying all over the country for medical treatments for our two kids. Therapies and surgeries. Not always fun but always necessary.

Friday, December 10, 2010

whew! whatta day!

sophie and ben are doing just fine. they came through the surgery fine. Ben didnt want to wake up and got combative. caught me in the face a couple times. he was still asleep though having no clue that I was even there much less that his flailing hands were making contact. he seems to be recovering a little slower than sophie but I gave him some pain meds and he is now playing. we took a nap when we returned from the hospital as our day started at 4am and we were completely exhausted by the time we returned at 1. They have had some crackers and juice and now moved on to cookies. Ben isnt very hungry and sophie really wants juice more than eating. Dinner in an a while and I dont know if they will eat it or not. I dont think they will be real interested in dinner but wait and see. Must return in 4 weeks. they initially wanted us return in ONE week and I was like hello! you could have told me this and I would have just stayed a week! but I cant come BACK next week. so they will have us back in 4 and then do afo castings and then leave them in short casts for a couple weeks until we can come back for the AFOs. Sophie got pink and yellow swirls for her cast and Ben chose purple with red swirls. pretty darn cute. the pharmacy at Temple filled our scrip and they didnt include a doser! so I hope that somehow I will be able to come up with one. for now we used the measuring spoon. Eric says the dose is way too high and too risky so I didnt give them the whole dose. seems to be working thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment