Arthroadventure

This blog is about our journey with Arthrogryposis(AMC). It is not just a walk in the park. Flying all over the country for medical treatments for our two kids. Therapies and surgeries. Not always fun but always necessary.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

ideas anyone?

I am tired of showering with 17 kids! ok its only 2 or 3 but it feels like 17! We do not have a bathtub. We have only two showers. Sophie with her legs at 90 degrees and Ben who cant/wont walk barefoot and without splints to the shower and in the shower (and Maia who just doesnt like to shower alone!) As they get heavier its hard to lift them off the floor of the shower while they are soaking wet and slippery. and cleaning them while they sit on the floor of the shower isnt so fun either. So I need ideas here! Ben is 6 but pretty small and sophie is 4 and pretty small. Are there help things out there I can use in the shower? it isnt a huge shower because it has a seat built in which oddly enough is pretty useless as the kids just slide right off of it. IDEALLY I would move to a new house but that just isnt happening so I need to find a way to get them cleaned up quick and easy and be able to shower ALONE. One shower has double sliding doors, one has only a swing out glass door. we mostly use the one with the double sliding doors. (ps who the heck builds a house without a bathtub???!!) HHEEEELLLPPP!

3 comments:

  1. Two suggestions for you. . . a detachable shower head (fairly inexpensive and easy to install) so that you can bring the water down to them (they also make shower heads that are adjustable height which is also a great option) and a plastic stool that you can sit them on (isn't quite as slippery as wet ceramic) so that they are up a bit higher (you can also remove it after they are done showing so it doesn't take up as much space).

    ReplyDelete
  2. no valerie that is just too simple! I have to do things the hard way! the complicated way! you must know that or I would have thought of that myself! no really thanks thats helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I was doing things the hard way too until the first time I stayed at the Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia. They had walk in showers with stools and the adjustable height shower heads and I thought, "Wow! What a difference! Why didn't I think of that!" I tend to do things the hard way as well. . .sometimes even when I've been handed an "easy" button ;-)

    ReplyDelete