Arthroadventure

This blog is about our journey with Arthrogryposis(AMC). It is not just a walk in the park. Flying all over the country for medical treatments for our two kids. Therapies and surgeries. Not always fun but always necessary.

Monday, December 7, 2009

sophie does NOT like being on her belly. Screaming crying carrying on as if you are killing her. but when I hold her body up she tries to crawl. but only if all the weight is on me. As you can imagine that doesnt last long before my arm is dead! but she loved getting a taste of locomotion. And Then I held her over my knee to pet the dog so she can get used to being face down. she cant really even roll herself over! babies do that at what 2 months old? I feel kind of bad that she cant even do that simple thing that babies learn and she is nearly 4. A feeling of why did they do so little? why bother fixing her club feet but not her knees or hands? why if no one wanted to take her home and love her did they put her through the misery of the foot surgeries? wouldnt it have been less painful(and cheaper for them) to just let her feet be clubbed? obviously she wouldnt walk anyways. She is such a loving beautiful baby girl that has become the light of my life and I get angry that no one took care of her needs. NEEDS! not wants, NEEDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment